Sunday, December 31, 2006

07: Week 01

What are three of the worst resolutions you have made or ever heard of?

Challenge: Write a 1,500 word story about a character's quest to fulfill a really bad resolution.


How This Works:
1. Link your blog/site to our site.
2. Respond to the prompt and/or challenge of the week (published each Sunday) in your own blog or on your own site and provide a link back to our site (preferably directly to the post that inspired your writing response.)
3. Come back here and leave a comment here, providing a link to your posted response.

For more information about the 3Somes writing prompts, please see our "about" section.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Kathie said...

Hi. I posted my response to the challenge at my blog: http://ejourn.net/journal/archives/69 The total number of words came to 1488 according to my word count on Microsoft Word which I used to write the original.

3:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chilling story, kathie! I really enjoyed reading it. I especially liked how you allowed the reader to think your main character was doing an expected "task" if you will and later flipped it around to reveal it was something further than the mind might be willing to stretch.

I did find the paragraph about the pager caused me to have to reread that section. I'd suggest moving it up before he arrives at the girlfriend's house so it flows better.

All in all, very nicely done! I look forward to reading more of your stories.

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home